Recipe Servings: 2
Prep Time: 05 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Total Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Difficulty Level: Medium
About East West Spring Rolls Recip: Infused with a range of flavors, crisp vegetarian spring rolls with cheese, bell peppers and sun dried tomatoes. Served with a basil dip made with olives, Parmesan, mayo and a hint of garlic.
Ingredients Of East West Spring Rolls
- 1 1/2 tsp Olive oil
- 2 Small Spring onion bulbs
- 1 Green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 Pieces Tomatoes (sun dried)
- 2 Tbsp Bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp Ginger, grated
- 1 tsp Chives
- 60 Gram Buffalo mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Corn flour
- 1 tsp Stock
- For the dip:
- 8 Basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan
- 1 Garlic (smashed)
- 1 Chilly
- 6 Green olives
- 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise/ yogurt
How to Make East West Spring Rolls
- 1.In a hot pan add a dash of olive oil in which you can add the spring onions, green bell peppers and ginger.
- 2.Give it a good toss.
- 3.Add balsamic vinegar to deglaze and put in another bowl.
- 4.Blend the sun dried tomatoes with breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- 5.Add some chopped chives and give it a nice mix, don’t need to make it too smooth.
- 6.Mix with the spring onions and bell peppers.
- 7.In a small bowl make a paste with 2 tbsp corn flour and 1 tsp stock.
- 8.Brush a spring roll sheet with the corn flour paste.
- 9.Put a few basil leaves. Top them with the mozzarella and tomato mix.
- 10.Roll the spring roll into long cylindrical shape.
- 11.Using cornstarch and stock as a binding agent.
- 12.Deep fry till golden brown and serve with the basil dip.
- Prepare the basil dip:
- 1.In a mixer put basil leaves, olive oil, parmesan cheese, clove garlic, green chilly, green olives and mayonnaise and give a good blitz.
- 2.Add a pinch of salt and serve with the spring rolls.